Snapchat is simply a mobile messaging application that you can use to share your personal photos, videos, drawings, and text messages. Using it is totally free and it is currently one of the most popular applications that you can install for your smartphone. What makes it unique is that, all the text messages and photos you share disappear from the recipient’s phone, just a few seconds after receiving them. So what makes it useful? Let’s take a look at some of the advantages it offers.
Advantages of Snapchat
New Perspective While most photo sharing application allow users to share and re-share photos, Snapchat allows users to see a more personal avenue of showing what they currently feel and how they see the world at that very moment.
Real-Time When taking snaps, you won’t have time to edit it or Photoshop it. The images you share are on its raw and original form and can only be viewed within 24 hours.
Expression Sometimes, it is hard to describe how you feel when chatting with someone. By taking quick snap shots, you can easily share your emotions to the other side of the line. Snapchat is definitely good at that.
Teasers If you are about to launch a new product or service, taking snap shots as teasers can be a good marketing strategy. This creates a buzz across social media, helping you reach potential customers. It builds up curiosity and anticipation.
Setting Up Snapchat on Mobile
Follow these simple steps to set up Snapchat in your smartphone:
1. Go to your smartphone’s app store. If you are using an Android phone then go to “Google Play Store”. For Apple users, go to “App Store”
2. Search for the “Snapchat” application. On both iOS and Android platforms, you can do this by tapping the search icon and then type “Snapchat”.
3. Tap the “Install” button (Android) or the “Get” button (iOS) and wait for the application to install. This takes a few seconds or minutes, depending on your internet connection speed.
4. After the installation, launch it and tap the “Sign Up” button. Enter your login details as well as other personal information such as email address and birthday.
5. Create a username on the next screen after step 4. This is the name others will see every time you use Snapchat. It must be unique and final since you won’t be able to change it later. If you want a new username then you will have to create a new account.
6. Verify your phone number. You can do this later if you prefer.
7. Prove you are human. Snapchat will ask you to do things such as selecting correct images to prove that you are human.
8. Start adding your friends and chat with them. You are done setting up the application and you can enjoy using it to chat and share snap shots with your friends.